
I talked to Grayson last night. I realized (as if I hadn't before) that he's living HIS life. I'm not sure what that is, but I'm sure I probably don't want to know everything! He's got a job, though he wants to find another since they have him working Th,F,S &Sn nights and that is cramping his style. He's tending bar, although he says that mostly means he washes glasses. But still. And 2 of 3 of his roomates are girls... and his photos always have him with one of them... so is there more to that? Ack. I want to know, but I don't want to know.
I keep reminding myself that he needed to sow his wild oats, and he didn't need to waste a year of college doing it. So he's sowing. And I have no control over where that takes him in life. Will he even come back and go to college? I suppose he will, but who knows? Now he's talking about buying a car and driving to Perth in the spring. You think you've imparted your values to your children...but have they been shared values or were they just adopted while they seemed to serve a purpose, but now circumstances have changed...
I'm torn. Will we look back on this time with G in Australia as a good thing? I hope so. The intentions were good. I guess the completely out-of-control mom in me is doing some second guessing. I'm honestly happy for him. And I miss him. And he'll be so changed when he gets back...

No comments:
Post a Comment