Friday, December 22, 2006

I shoulda had a camera!

This morning I'm at Edisto Beach. We just got in around 12:30 last night, and the dog's execratory system woke me up. So he and I trundle off to the beach, where he's allowed to run off-leash since it is after Halloween. The morning sky was gorgeous peach and pink, with the sun just popping over the horizon, only to slide behind a screen of violet clouds. I sat there and just listened to the surf and watched the sunrise, while the dog sniffed along the strand. I turned to look behind me, and what should be plastered over me but a rainbow! It isn't rainy or anything, but there I was, smack dab under the arc of the clearest rainbow I've ever seen. It stopped me in my tracks.

I collected Zeus eventually, and we headed back to the house. Just as we are about to turn into our driveway, out of the palmetto trees swoop a pair of great herons. They banked in front of us and soared away down the street. Amazing. What a way to start a day!

No comments: