Saturday, December 30, 2006

A day to myself


We are at the beach, and so today I decided I'd go to Charleston by myself. This is a luxury, although it doesn't sound so special. Just to be able to stroll along King, Queen, Market, Broad, Meeting, East Bay and all the picturesque streets of downtown Charleston, without anyone bugging me to leave! Ahhhh. So I spent the majority of my time doing a gallery crawl of all the art galleries in the French Quarter. My exciting find of the day is pictured! It is a portrait of Mackenzie by Dabney Mahanes, featured at the Eye Level Gallery on Queen Street. Mackenzie modeled for us one day, and Dabney told me that the finished product was at "a gallery on Queen Street". I kept looking till I found it. For $800 it could be mine. I love her work, but can't swing that. After catching all the art galleries, I shopped for shoes (none) and clothes. I found a store with several things I liked (called Affordables, an unlikely name on King Street!) Then I went to my favorite art supply store and picked up some linen canvasses and charcoals. Stopped in West Ashely and picked up a book for Clark, as well as the game Imagineiff. When I came home the kids and I played it, and had a great time with it. The only bad part of the day is that Bill's had a toothache that's been bugging him for a few days and he's knocked out with pain meds. Otherwise a pretty delightful day!

1 comment:

SUSAN said...

Sounds like a perfect day, Beth!! I have heard good things about "Imagineiff" and am a sucker for games, so this will go on my list.

Have fun!

Susan