Monday, September 12, 2005

Good News/Bad News

First the good: my dd has been cast in the next play to be performed at her college! And she's only a freshman! And it's a major part! They are doing The Jungalbook (based on The Jungle Book), and she is Baloo. She's also in a costume class this fall, and is therefore going to be making her own costume! This is good news, but it is nonetheless very stressful, and that worries me. But I'm so proud of her.

Now the bad: my ds (Grayson) had a bad skateboarding accident two weeks ago. No helmet. Head first after flying 20 feet in the air (just lost his balance going down a hill; no half pipes or anything tricky). He got up and walked into a total stranger's house with blood on his hands demanding that they tell him "Who did this to me?", ranting and raving and not knowing anything. We took him to the hospital, and while he fortunately doesn't have any skull fractures (thank you Lord) he does have a massive concussion. He's been throwing up ever since; he still doesn't know why he's hurt; and he is in horrible pain. (This is the same child that rolled the car on the interstate, that wrecked my car, that got hit by a car... you remember the one!) I feel like there's not much left in me...I've had the stuffing pulled out of me for now. I'm so grateful that he isn't looking at brain damage; however, I wish things would just settle down for him, and for us. Post-concussive syndrome is a pretty serious thing, and so we'll be watching him for quite awhile.

1 comment:

my15minutes said...

I hate this software. I keep trying to edit the text color and it keeps NOT editing it! ARGH!!!