Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Starting off with a bang
I got a call today from the dean of students at the Catholic school. Apparently M did a few little things that didn't set too well with a substitute teacher. By the standard of the school he had been at, they were nothing. But he's not in Kansas anymore, and would have been wise to learn the lay of the land before being totally himself. For example: they were doing the introduction game where you tell one thing about yourself, and everyone tries to match up the comments with the person who wrote them. He writes "I am interested in both men and women". You have to know him to know that this is actually a funny statement....he's completely straight! But this is, after all, Catholic school, and such a comment is apparently very un-funny there. Sigh. I guess the only way to learn is to make mistakes. But I wasn't expecting a call from the discipline police quite so soon. The good news, at least, is that it wasn't G; usually if there's going to be a call from the principal it is usually G. So he's off the hook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment