Naysayers, just hold your tongue.
Did anyone see the Oprah shows about The Secret? I did. I was mezmerized. I realize that there's nothing new under the sun, and that this is nothing revolutionary. But with that caveat, I'll have to say it confirmed for me things I've noticed over the last years, things I've observed spiritually, things I've observed in my relationships with children and family. Somehow, the way the messsage was packaged really spoke to me. Not in a way that I'm living so differently from "The Secret", but it spoke to me in a way that says, "You already know this! Remember when such and such happened?.... That was this principle in action!" It spoke to me in ways that I might find helpful to take me further along the path of life I want to create for myself. It dovetails with what Bill's been learning and implementing in his life through his life coaching. It's a message that my kids need to hear. It was the most inspired I've felt in a long time.
I've ordered the DVD, jumped on the bandwagon, and am planning on making my life and my world a better place.
Do YOU know The Secret??
PS. If you missed the Oprah show today and last week you can go to www.thesecret.tv or to Oprah's website and learn more.
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Rats. I missed that one. We usually watch all Oprah's because Joho Tivos them. I'll ask her if you are holding your tongue. :)
Oh no, I'm not holding my tongue....I'm just not up for arguing with some random internet stranger who thinks its all hogwash.
OH my Beth. Thanks for this! David and I watched it online last night. It meshes so perfectly with what we are learning about living deliberately and dreaming with our eyes wide open. It was also incredibly timely as I've been down this week, feeling very discouraged with where life with pre-teens seems headed. I want to discuss this!!! I"m going to blog about it too. If you want to talk about it, can you post it on the lamppost? I think the format there might be easier than blog comments but I can do both. I may even buy this; definitely one of those things I want to tell everyone about!!
Okay so fess up! What's the secret? I saw a bit of the follow up program about putting out energy and receiving back what you put out, living in the moment, affirming instead of ragging... something like that.
Is there a summary somewhere?
I watched the dvd, "The Secret" yesterday with my friends. I missed the Oprah special. I was blown away by the movie, though as you say it's been said before but not in such a clear way, imo. I was taking notes throughout the entire movie. :-) I've got a copy to watch again and hopefully, I can get the family to watch it. The power of thought is really powerful.
Susan
Post a Comment