How can life get better than the annual gynecological exam? I went to a new doctor today, who happens to be a friend of mine. Maybe because of that, she took lots of time talking with me. She had an idea for my future. I mentioned that I felt like I needed to DO something now that kids were growing up and older, and that in my past I had wanted to be a doctor, but had subrogated that desire to my desire to have a family. (I guess at the time I felt like they were mutually exclusive, and I didn't have any encouragement to go in that direction. Now I'd probably go for it, if I had the decision to make again.) She said I should think about being an ultrasound tech: the pay is OK, the hours are totally flexible, they are always in demand, and it just takes a year to get certified. It's in the medical field, but doesn't require the investment, at my age, that being a doctor or nurse would. It's a thought. I'll have to research that a bit. I just feel the need to move into the greater world from my own little home, and the choices are overwhelming.
Oh, I have another blog I've been posting to, and I am having trouble deciding which one to pursue. But anything that happened in my life over the past year is there
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment