Sunday, October 15, 2006

Perfect Day


What could have been better than yesterday at the beach? The sky is clear and the air is sweatshirt cool. The surf is unusually quiet. The air smells fresh. We sleep late, then Bill and I go on a bike ride up to the pizza parlor, and stop by the art gallery on the way back. I find the title of a book I want to get by Frederich Buechner, and also the name of a glassblower that I might want to follow up with. We enjoy the quiet sunshine. Monarch migration is in full swing, and there are hundreds heading south along the coast. I want to look up more information about them because it seems incomprehensible that such fragile creatures can make such a lengthy trek. Zeus amuses us, and himself, chasing butterfly shadows along the beach....as soon as he loses sight of one, another one comes along. For dinner, we go to a BBQ at the home of Tom K....he has a lovely reproduction farmhouse, complete with tin roof, along the creek. Lovely marshviews, delicious roasted pig on the spit (with cracklins!), meeting new people, beginning to feel like a part of the community, even if we are only occasional visitors.

No comments: