Scattered occurences:
- I'm doing better with my new year's resolve to eat healthily. OK, at yesterday's wedding reception I did eat a lot of cheese biscuits. And a bucket of popcorn at the movie last night. But... What I"m trying is to eat no more than one lunch and one dinner out over the course of a week. I'm also trying a more static meal plan to keep costs down, so that I may offset buying organic. Now that we have a large organic grocery store nearby that seems a doable goal. I'm not perfect, but I'm doing better.
- My son who applied to Catholic school wrote the headmaster a note saying he realized that St.J's would be better for his long term interests than the public school his friends were heading to. The headmaster had asked him to drop him a note indicating that he was willing to give it a chance (since in his admissions essay he stated that he was being made to attend there!) When I asked him about the note, he said, "Well, if I'm going to be going there, I figured I might as well have a good attitude about it." Tonight a girl from St.J's IMed him (he showed me the log) to tell him that all the girls at St.J's thought he was really "hot". How did she get his screen name? Poor kid. Enviable problem, though. Everywhere he goes, girls feed his ego like crazy. I just hope he can handle it without becoming obnoxious. He's always been a cutie, and the girls have always noticed him. But now that his voice is changing, and he's 6'0" (at age 13), and his face is becoming more angular (and he's got a short haircut now that really shows it off)....he really is a head-turner. Dear Lord, deliver him from fast women!
- DH told me yesterday that he is at peace with joining the Catholic Church. Scrape me off the pavement! I've been heading in that direction for a few years, but never encouraged him along the same path. So apart from influence from me, he started attending the classes this year. I figured it was just curiousity, because I don't think he really knows all the doctrine, etc. But .... maybe God doesn't lead through a doctrinal jungle; maybe some people just come because for whatever reasons, it is attractive to them.
- I'm finding a new calling in helping my friends "flylady" their houses. www.flylady.com I've so far helped 2 friends declutter their homes, and I have two this week set up. Of course, as I type, my desk is covered with three 12" stacks of crap. It's so much easier to toss other people's junk than it is one's own!
- I miss my 16 year old. I don't feel like I have good points of contact with him, and he's not around the house much. I'm not sure what to do. I wish he had more points of contact with dh, but they also are on two different wavelengths. I want him to have his life, and enjoy it. I just wish there were more intersections with my life. Dinnertime (when he's here) is about it.
- I don't have any good books I'm reading right now. I think I"ll start my book club selection now. I usually have a stack I want to get to, but not now. I'm reading Michael Crichton's newest, but I'm not finding it very compelling. The last three or four I've started, I've just dropped for lack of interest (The Strange Case of Jonathan Norrell, Rule of Four, some Maeve Binchy paperback, as well as my entire nonfiction pile). I want a book that I'm dying to pick up, and I haven't had that in a long time.

2 comments:
Great pics. I was just going to email you bout Gray and see if he sent that note. So glad he did.
Quick tip: for photos, you can make them fit the size of your blog by inserting a wdith and height into the html tag.
So if you replace the brackets with carats, it would look like this:
[img src="http://photolink" width="300" height="400"]
If the picture is a horizontal one, swap the numbers so that width="400" and height ="300"
And I hear you about Gray. Teens are much harder to connect to—they are gone and they live inside a bit more.
I meant Mackenzie, not Grayson, when I said that I was glad he sent the note. I was looking at Grayson's pic and typed his name. :)
Julie
Post a Comment